Participants

Image result for college of education uofl
2018 Belize Participants
This year we have an outstanding group of College of Education seniors and juniors that will be attending this trip. Read below to see who will be attending and their feelings towards the trip.

Student Leaders

Maggie

      What I’m looking forward to the most about Belize is getting to go back to Red Bank village and see the same group of sweet kiddos that I taught during last year’s ITE. I’m also excited to be teaming up with and assisting each of the other UofL teachers who are experiencing this amazing trip for the first time!

Kenzie

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is getting to watch all my peers fall in love with the country and the schools. I can't wait to hear and see how much people grow through this two week teaching experience. 

Student Participants 

Ally

What I’m looking forward to most about Belize is building relationships with students, being immersed in a culture that differs from my own, and creating memories that will last a lifetime. I know that the students will positively impact my outlook on life and I can only hope that I will be able to do the same for them. 

Brittany 

   What I am looking forward to most in Belize is the humbling and  life changing experience that the trip will provide me. The ability it will give me to make a true difference in the world and the people I will meet along the way.

Corryn

What I am looking forward to most about Belize is getting to meet the students and being able to gain valuable experience for my future as an educator.  



Emily

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is experiencing another culture. I have never been out of the country before so I am thrilled to be a part of this adventure.


Hannah

    What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is experiencing a new culture while doing what I'm most passionate about. I can't wait to grow in my teaching ability and truly learn how to use my resources to plan and teach effective lessons. I also look forward to learning about and exploring a country I have never been to.


Paige

What i'm looking forward to most about Belize is teaching in a different culture and seeing the way they teach with materials very different from ours. I am also very excited to see the Mayan ruins and to be on the beach!


Justin

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is working with awesome kids who come from hugely different backgrounds than those of the students I normally get to work with. Tim excited to soak up all of the culture and experiences Belize and San Pablo have to offer me. 

Keana

What I am looking forward to most about Belize is the people. I can't wait to meet the students and to get a feel of the atmosphere in Belize.  


Kristen

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is getting the opportunity to be immersed into a beautiful culture & getting to teach children in a different country. 


Kristen

What I am most looking forward to about Belize is teaching in San Pablo and putting the skills I have learned at UofL into action. I am excited to travel and have so many new experiences.


Lauren

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is the opportunity to work with and learn from the Belizean teachers and receiving the chance to practice my math teaching! And of course, the children!


Madison

What I am looking forward to most about Belize is getting to meet the sweet students I have heard so much about and building relationships with them! I am also looking forward to experiencing a new culture alongside some amazing future educators. 


Molly 

I am looking forward to experiencing all that Belize has to offer, especially teaching and learning at San Pablo!


Monica 

I am looking forward to being immersed in the Belize culture beginning on Day 1 and getting to be a part of Red Banks educational experience while meeting classes full of new faces.


Morgan

What I am looking forward to the most about Belize is meeting and interacting with my students and fellow teachers. I am excited to experience the Belize culture and explore some of the country. I look forward to helping my students in Belize as well as gaining valuable insights and experiences from each of them.


Morgan

What I am looking forward to most about Belize is learning about different culture. I want to be more culturally responsive to my ELLs, and being taken in by another culture is going to help me understand how some might feel every day. 

Sabrina

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is not only getting to know the students and teachers there, but also getting the opportunity to better get to know my peers as we work and learn together. I'm excited to get pushed out of my comfort zone as I learn to teach and lesson-plan on the fly, and excited to have fun, laugh, and form friendships!


Taylor

What I'm looking forward to most about Belize is learning about and being immersed in the county's culture. I am excited to have the opportunity to teach at San Pablo and cannot wait to meet the teachers and students.


Comments